What is Blueberry? Blueberry is a plant and people use the fruit and leaves to make medicine. Antioxidants have been shown to help prevent a number of long-term illnesses such as heart disease, cancer, and an eye disorder called macular degeneration. Blueberry also contains vitamin C, which is another antioxidant. Blueberries are among the highest anti-oxidant value fruits.
Nutrition Facts: Blueberries are an excellent source of vitamin C, dietary fiber and manganese. Blueberry is very low in calories. 100 g fresh berries provide only 57 calories.
Uses: Blueberries are sold fresh or processed as individually quick frozen (IQF) fruit, purée, juice, or dried or infused berries which in turn may be used in a variety of consumer goods such as jellies, jams, blueberry pies, muffins, snack foods, and cereals. Blueberry jam is made from blueberries, sugar, water, and fruit pectin.
What are the benefits of blueberries?
Blueberry is used for preventing cataracts and glaucoma and for treating ulcers, urinary tract infections (UTIs), multiple sclerosis (MS), chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), colic, fever, varicose veins, and hemorrhoids. Blueberry is also used for improving circulation, and as a laxative.
Blueberry leaves have traditionally been used to control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. Blueberries have been used in European medicine for nearly a thousand years, primarily to treat diarrhea.
In addition, these berries contain good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, iron and zinc. Potassium in an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
Especially in wild species, blueberries contain anthocyanins, other antioxidant pigments and various phytochemicals possibly having a role in reducing risks of some diseases, including inflammation and certain cancers.
Blueberries may alleviate the cognitive decline occurring in Alzheimer’s disease and other conditions of aging.
Cleans the urinary tract, useful for loss of sight, arrange digestive system, can protect from cancer, They are natural antidepression.
Other important benefits of blueberries and blueberry tea:
- Tea made from leaves and dried fruits has the characteristic of removing diarrhea.
- Blueberry tea in the ladies of special days to reduce the effectiveness and are put forward.
- Antibiotic effect of blueberry tea in urinary tract infections.
- Activates enzymes that protect the body against cancer.
- It has anti-carcinogenic and antioxidant properties.
- Allows oily compounds to be removed from the body.
- Cleanses blood when it is defeated freshly.
- Despite being a nutrient, low calorie and sodium content.
- It lowers blood cholesterol and defines the blood sugar.It has fibrous properties that regulate intestinal metabolism.
- Pectin content is high.
- Maintains your health; protects from heart disease and reduces heart attack risk.
- It increases night vision ability.
- Reduce the recurrence of HIV virtuals.Increases elasticity of the veins and permeability of the eyes.
- The body is rich in polyphenols, actokyanins, flavanols and tannins used as bioactive substances.
- The content of ELLAGIC-ACID which is fighting against cancer is quite high.
- It is a healthy and very valuable part of diets.
- Eliminates eye fatigue, prevents vision disorders caused by myopia and diabetes. Glare, capillary cracking and night blindness is lifted.
- Prevents constipation, nausea, stomach cramps and ulcers.
- It prevents the formation of veins hardness.
- Heals varicose veins (hemorrhoids).
- Has a calming effect.
- Heal the wounds in the mouth.
- Disinfectant for inflammation is extremely high potassium content.
- According to research, one cup a day strengthens the memory by preventing the destruction caused by the blueberry and old age.